Log:Session 146 (Meta, no ontology)

From Mazeworld

[16:54] <&Hebizuka> *You have a bit of trouble understanding what happened... The last thing you remember, you're pretty sure you died, but here you are, slowly waking up from what seemed like a very long nap. The first thing you notice is that you're waking up in a hospital bedroom. It doesn't look like home or anywhere familiar.* [16:54] <&Hebizuka> *The next thing you notice is that you're naked and there's nothing that belongs - or used to belong - to you here. And just as you make note of that, a television turns on automatically on the end of the room, revealing the head of a human male. Lab coat, thick frame glasses, bald head ; he looks like a medic.* [16:55] <~Tempest> [Medic] Can you hear me? [16:56] <+Ingrid> "Hm, what? Oh, yes, yes I can. I take it that was a hell of a crash." [16:57] * +Ingrid shakes her head. She doesn't feel hurt, but the last thing she remembers is the little plane drifting into the mountain slopes. [16:58] <~Tempest> [Medic] Ah, good. My sensors show that your vital signs seem stable and that you've just woken up... I know you must be disoriented right now, but I have to ask you some questions. Your questions will help me determine if you're indeed in good health. Once this is dealt with, I will answer any of yours if you have any, which I am sure you do, but... First, I will ask you to wait and [16:58] <~Tempest> answer mine first. Understood? [16:59] <+Ingrid> "Yeah, understood." [17:00] <~Tempest> [Medic] Alright. Let's start with the basics... What is your full name? [17:01] <+Ingrid> "You don't have that? Maybe all of my belongings got lost... Ingrid Wenkel." [17:02] <~Tempest> [Medic] Okay... If you haven't noticed yet, I can hear you but I cannot see you. Damn camera got fried last time... Which brings me to my next question: What is your gender? [17:02] <+Ingrid> "Female. Isn't this a hospital, shouldn't you be able to tell?" [17:03] <+Ingrid> "I mean, I assumed that that's what this was since I woke up here after an accident." [17:03] <~Tempest> [Medic] You'd be surprised what I saw and heard before. But anyway... Take a look at the monitor. [17:04] <+Ingrid> "Nothing seems broken or stitched up, though, so I can't complain about the service." [17:04] <&Hebizuka> *The monitor ceases displaying the medic's face, instead showing a few choices.* [17:04] <~Tempest> [Medic] What species were you born as? [17:04] * +Ingrid sits up and peeks. [17:04] <+Ingrid> "....Human!" [17:04] <&Hebizuka> *Human, or Halfling (subspecies will be displayed)* [17:04] <+Ingrid> "What's a halfling?" [17:05] <~Tempest> [Medic] Human it is... A halfling is still mostly a human, but with part animal DNA. It results in changes such as ears, tails, eyes, altered behavior. They are rather interesting, scientifically speaking. [17:05] <~Tempest> [Medic] Anyhow. How old are you? [17:06] <+Ingrid> "That raises a lot of questions. Anyhow, I'm 29." [17:09] <~Tempest> [Medic] Alright. Normally I would have more advanced machines to do this job, but we've had equipment damage in this facility recently, so I've brought in more archaic measuring equipment and reference posters. They should do the job. [17:10] <~Tempest> [Medic] You may move to the first one, on the leftmost corner to your left. [17:10] <~Tempest> [Medic] I want you to tell me which one corresponds the most to your body shape. [17:10] <&Hebizuka> *Constitution type: Thin, Slender, Average, Athletic, Muscular, Overweight, Obese* [17:10] * +Ingrid slips out of bed, wrapping herself in the blanket. [17:11] <+Ingrid> "Average, I suppose. I'm not picking 'overweight'." [17:11] * +Ingrid is pretty much average-ish. [17:12] <~Tempest> [Medic] Now, use the measuring machine, and tell me how tall it says you are. [17:12] <&Hebizuka> *Metric or Imperial at your leisure. Minimum 143cm/4'8", Maximum 214cm/7'0".* [17:14] * +Ingrid slides the bar down to meet the top of her head. "5 feet 5 inches." [17:15] <~Tempest> [Medic] Now, head on over to the scale, and measure your body mass then tell me the result. [17:15] <&Hebizuka> *Metric or Imperial. Min 40kg/88.2lbs, Max 140kg/308.6lbs.* [17:16] <+Ingrid> "It says 120 pounds, not sure if this is accurate but okay." [17:17] <~Tempest> [Medic] Good... Now for some more superficial information. The next is a poster describing various skin pigmentations ; tell me which one is closest from yours. [17:17] <&Hebizuka> *Choices: Diamond (Albino), Opal (Nordic, pale white), Pearl (Caucasian), Peridot (Arabid), Heliodor (East asian), Citrine (Malay, filipino), Carnelian (Latino), Axinite (Native American), Onyx (Black) - alternatively, None (specify what color)* [17:18] * +Ingrid selects Opal, she has a bit of a tan but that's more of her natural tone. [17:22] <~Tempest> [Medic] Moving on... The next one is about hair ; check the listed lengths and colors and give me those closest from yours. [17:22] <&Hebizuka> *Hair lengths: Bald/shaved, very short, short, shoulder-length, back-length, hip-length* [17:22] <&Hebizuka> *Hair colors: Black, dark brown, brown, auburn, chestnut, blonde, platinum blonde, gray, red, white, silver - or None (specify)* [17:23] <+Ingrid> "Back-length and blonde." [17:25] <~Tempest> [Medic] Lastly, I need you to give me the color of your eyes. [17:25] <&Hebizuka> *Choices: Blue, green, gray, blue-green, amber, hazel, brown, red, black, violet, or None (specify)* [17:26] <+Ingrid> "Brown." [17:27] <~Tempest> [Medic] All right, this concludes the first part. My file is filling up nicely, but I have more tests to run. I need to know more about your physical capabilities. [17:27] <&Hebizuka> *You will now decide your Primary statistics. You will be given points to spend across a few statistics; adjust as necessary.* [17:28] <&Hebizuka> *For this first part, you have 5 points to distribute among five statistics. All of those stats are currently set at 0 points. They can go no lower than -4, and no higher than +4. If you want more points to spend, you can remove points from stats at 0 in order to put them elsewhere.* [17:28] <&Hebizuka> Natural Pain sensitivity: 0 pts - 100%. 1 pt = 5%. Lower is better. [17:28] <&Hebizuka> Natural Strength: 0 pts - 100%. 1 pt = 10%. Higher is better. [17:28] <&Hebizuka> Maximum Pain before blackout: 0 pts - 100%. 1 pt = 5%. Higher is better. [17:28] <&Hebizuka> Maximum Blood: 0 pts - 20. 1 pt = 1 blood. Higher is better. [17:28] <&Hebizuka> Natural limb health modifier: 0 pts - 100%. 1 pt = 10%. Higher is better. [17:28] <&Hebizuka> *If you need explanations on what a stat does, ask the medic.* [17:30] * +Ingrid isn't particularly stronger than average, but is otherwise in pretty good health. 2 points to pain sensitivity, two to limb health, one to blood. [17:30] <&Hebizuka> Natural Pain sensitivity: 2 pts - 90% [17:30] <&Hebizuka> Natural Strength: 0 pts - 100% [17:30] <&Hebizuka> Maximum Pain before blackout: 0 pts - 100% [17:30] <&Hebizuka> Maximum Blood: 1 pt - 21 [17:30] <&Hebizuka> Natural limb health modifier: 2 pts - 120% [17:31] <&Hebizuka> *Points used: 5. Confirm these are your primary stats?* [17:31] <+Ingrid> Yep. [17:40] <~Tempest> [Medic] All good. Now, we will look at your history and skills with weapons. It's a dangerous world out there and assessing what you're good at will be necessary for the next part. [17:40] <&Hebizuka> Points to spend: 5 [17:40] <&Hebizuka> 1 point in any skill category = 50 Training Points (TPs) in that weapon skill. [17:40] <&Hebizuka> 0 or 1 points leaves the skill level at Unskilled (low accuracy) [17:40] <&Hebizuka> 100 TPs/2 points required for Basic level (normal accuracy) [17:40] <&Hebizuka> 250 TPs/5 points required for Skilled level (improved accuracy) [17:40] <&Hebizuka> No skill can have less than 0 points spent - you can get no more than 5 points to distribute. [17:40] <&Hebizuka> Each weapon type represents one skill ; there is a total of 17 weapon skills. [17:40] <&Hebizuka> Firearm skills: Precision rifle - Combat rifle - Shotgun - Conventional rifle - Machine gun - Submachine gun - Pistol - Auto pistol - Revolver [17:40] <&Hebizuka> Explosive skills: Grenade launcher - Rocket launcher - Hand grenade - Planted explosives [17:40] <&Hebizuka> Melee skills: Blunt - Sharp - Piercing - Non-gun ranged - Unarmed (martial arts) [17:42] <+Ingrid> I'll take 2 points in Precision Rifle, two points in Revolver, and one point in, uhhhhhhhhh..... Submachine Gun. [17:44] <&Hebizuka> *This will give you Basic in Precision rifle, Basic in revolver, and Unskilled (but 50 TPs) in Submachinegun. Confirm?* [17:44] <+Ingrid> Confirm! [17:46] <~Tempest> [Medic] Now, I'm going to suppose you don't want to stay naked all day long either, but that's just a supposition. In the case that you don't, please use the selectors on the monitor to assign yourself clothing and equipment, which I will deliver to you once all done. [17:47] <+Ingrid> "Well, it'd be better than running around in a blanket." [17:48] <&Hebizuka> *You will have 5 points to spend across ALL categories of equipment. You will be given the opportunity to review your choices at the end before confirming, as well.* [17:48] <&Hebizuka> Clothing - For having something to put on your back, and for style. [17:48] <&Hebizuka> Top: None/Naked (+1 pt) - Yes (0 pt) ; if yes, a selection will be displayed [17:48] <&Hebizuka> Bottom: None/Naked (+1 pt) - Yes (0 pt) ; if yes, a selection will be displayed [17:48] <&Hebizuka> Footwear: None/Naked (+1 pt) - Yes (0 pt) ; if yes, a selection will be displayed [17:48] <&Hebizuka> Headgear (clothing): None/Naked or Yes (either choice is free) [17:50] <+Ingrid> "I'll take some of each, of course!" Yes to all, including headgear. [17:50] <&Hebizuka> Available tops: T-Shirt, Shirt with tie, Tracksuit jacket, Sarashi, Trench-coat, Duster coat, Parka [17:50] <&Hebizuka> Available bottoms: Jeans, Regular pants, Tracksuit pants, Shorts, Leather pants, Mountain pants, Cargo pants (plain) [17:50] <&Hebizuka> Available footwear: Regular shoes, Running shoes, Hiking shoes [17:50] <&Hebizuka> Available headgear: Baseball cap, Beret, Fedora, Bandana, Boonie hat [17:50] <&Hebizuka> *Pick one of each.* [17:52] * +Ingrid ponders... "Okay, I'll take a shirt with tie, shorts, hiking shoes, and a beret." [17:53] <+Ingrid> "Well... you can leave the tie I guess, I just want a good sturdy shirt that's not too hot." [17:55] <&Hebizuka> Armor - For actually protecting yourself [17:55] <&Hebizuka> Body armor: None - Flak jacket (-2 pts) - Type-2 Kevlar vest (-4 pts) - Type-3 Kevlar vest (-6 pts) [17:55] <&Hebizuka> Headgear: None - M1 Helmet (-1 pts) - Twaron helmet (-2 pts) - SPECTRA helmet (-3 pts) [17:55] <&Hebizuka> Arms addons: None - Elbow pads (0 pt) - Arm guards (-1) - Twaron arm pads (-2) [17:55] <&Hebizuka> Legs addons: None - Knee pads (0 pt) - Leg guards (-1) - Twaron leg pads (-2) [17:57] * +Ingrid selects a flak jacket only, for the moment. [17:58] <+Ingrid> "Wait... no. Type-2 Kevlar." [17:58] <&Hebizuka> *Is that all you'll choose for now?* [17:58] <+Ingrid> "I don't know what to expect, but if armor's even an option here I probably want something good." [17:58] <+Ingrid> Yeah, type-2 vest [18:00] <&Hebizuka> Load-Bearing Equipment (LBE) - For carrying items and having an inventory [18:00] <&Hebizuka> Backpack: No backpack (+4pt) - Shoulder bag (+2pt, 20 units) - Student's backpack (+1pt, 30 units) - Field pack (0pt, 40 units) - Standard backpack (-2pt, 50 units) - J├Ąger rucksack (-3pt, 60 units) [18:00] <&Hebizuka> Utility belt: No belt (+2pt, but can't carry key items) - Default belt (0pt, can carry key items) - LE Tactical belt (-1pt, key items + extra inv space) - Gunfighter belt (-1pt, key items + extra inv space) [18:00] <&Hebizuka> Tactical vest: No vest (0pt) - Competition vest (-1pt) - MK64 Trooper (-2pt) - VersaForce (-3pt) [18:01] <+Ingrid> "Hmm, I have one point left, sooooo.... I'll go with a shoulder bag, default belt, and MK64 vest." [18:01] <+Ingrid> "Err, wait, no. I can get a student's backpack." [18:02] <+Ingrid> "Student's backpack, default belt, MK64." [18:03] <&Hebizuka> Weapons - For combat, and self-defense ; what else? You can pick up ONE of the listed packages for free - any extra package costs 4 pts, so choose wisely. [18:05] <&Hebizuka> Precision rifle 1: Suhl SSG-82 (5.45x39mm) + 4 mags + 50 rounds [18:05] <&Hebizuka> Precision rifle 2: Savage Axis XP (5.56x45mm NATO) + 4 mags + 50 rounds [18:05] <&Hebizuka> Revolver 1: S&W Model 10 (.38 Special) + 3 speedloaders + 50 rounds [18:05] <&Hebizuka> Revolver 2: Ruger Vaquero (.357 Magnum) + 3 speed strips + 50 rounds [18:05] <&Hebizuka> Submachinegun 1: PM-63 RAK (9x18mm Makarov) + 3 magazines + 50 rounds [18:06] <+Ingrid> "Aww man... everything here looks nice! I think I'll pick the Suhl SSG-82 though." [18:06] <&Hebizuka> *Reviewing your choices...* [18:06] <&Hebizuka> CLOTHING [18:06] <&Hebizuka> Top: Shirt with tie [18:06] <&Hebizuka> Bottom: Shorts [18:06] <&Hebizuka> Footwear: Hiking shoes [18:06] <&Hebizuka> Headgear: Beret [18:06] <&Hebizuka> ARMOR [18:06] <&Hebizuka> Body armor: Type-2 Kevlar vest (-4 pts) [18:06] <&Hebizuka> Headgear: None [18:06] <&Hebizuka> Arms addons: None [18:06] <&Hebizuka> Legs addons: None [18:06] <&Hebizuka> LBE [18:06] <&Hebizuka> Backpack: Student's backpack (+1 pt) [18:06] <&Hebizuka> Utility belt: Default belt [18:06] <&Hebizuka> Tactical vest: MK64 Trooper vest (-2 pts) [18:06] <&Hebizuka> WEAPONS [18:06] <&Hebizuka> Precision rifle 1 package (Free) [18:06] <&Hebizuka> Points spent: 5/5 [18:06] <&Hebizuka> *Confirm?* [18:07] <+Ingrid> Confirm! [18:08] <~Tempest> [Medic] All right. Give me a minute to gather your chocies, and I'll be coming down to see you in person... with your gear. [18:12] <&Hebizuka> *The monitor switches off. After a few minutes, you see a door open. The medic, in the flesh, shows up, pushing a cart with boxes and items inside ; presumably the gear you've selected.* [18:12] <~Tempest> [Medic] Good morning, Ingrid. [18:15] <+Ingrid> "Ah hey! So, where am I?" [18:16] * +Ingrid modestly covers herself up in the blanket and stands up to greet him. [18:24] <~Tempest> *The medic doesn't seem to pay it any mind.* [18:24] <~Tempest> [Medic] First, here is your equipment... [18:24] <&Hebizuka> [Clothing] Top - Shirt with tie (Upper body, Arms) - AC: C2 - Blunt-resistant - RagOK - Weight: 3 - [Cond: Brand new] [18:24] <&Hebizuka> [Clothing] Bottom - Shorts (Lower body, Crotch) - AC: C2 - Blunt-resistant - Weight: 3 - [Cond: Brand new] [18:24] <&Hebizuka> [Clothing] Headgear - Beret - AC: C2 - Blunt-resistant - Weight: 3 - [Cond: Brand new] [18:24] <&Hebizuka> [Clothing] Body armor - Type-2 Kevlar vest (Upper body) - AC: A2 - Blunt-PROOF, Sharp-resistant, Piercing-resistant - Plate carrier - Weight: 9 - [Cond: Brand new] [18:24] <&Hebizuka> [LBE] (Backpack) Student's backpack: Capacity 30 units [18:24] <&Hebizuka> [LBE] (Utility belt) Default belt: Capacity 0 units + Key items (Can carry key items) [18:24] <&Hebizuka> [LBE] (Tactical vest) MK64 Trooper: Capacity 8 units + Ammo (6 mags only, max tier: Large) [18:24] <&Hebizuka> [Weapon] Class 1 - R1/Common - Suhl SSG-82 precision rifle | 5.45x39mm - Bolt-action | Optic[4x](I) | SSG-82 5-round mag, +1 | Weight: 22 - [4+1/5, FMJ] - Cond: Brand new / Clns: Lubricated [18:24] <&Hebizuka> [Weapon accessory] Magazine: SSG-82 5-round magazine. Size tier: Small ; Weight: 0.5+0.05 (0.55) - [5/5 FMJ] [18:24] <&Hebizuka> [Weapon accessory] Magazine: SSG-82 5-round magazine. Size tier: Small ; Weight: 0.5+0.05 (0.55) - [5/5 FMJ] [18:24] <&Hebizuka> [Weapon accessory] Magazine: SSG-82 5-round magazine. Size tier: Small ; Weight: 0.5+0.05 (0.55) - [5/5 FMJ] [18:24] <&Hebizuka> [Weapon accessory] Magazine: SSG-82 5-round magazine. Size tier: Small ; Weight: 0.5+0.05 (0.55) - [5/5 FMJ] [18:24] <&Hebizuka> [Ammunition] 5.45x39mm, FMJ, 50 rounds - Weight: 0.5 [18:25] <+Ingrid> "Umm - are my shoes in here too?" [18:26] <&Hebizuka> [Clothing] Footwear - Hiking shoes - AC: C3 - Blunt-resistant, Sharp-resistant, Piercing-resistant - Weight: 9 - [Cond: Brand new] [18:26] <+Ingrid> "Ah there." [18:28] * +Ingrid dresses herself quickly. [18:28] <&Hebizuka> *I will assume you are equipping everything, unless stated otherwise* [18:29] * +Ingrid puts all of the magazines into the tactical vest, and equips the rifle. "Thanks for all of this stuff." [18:31] * +Ingrid puts the ammunition into the vest as well. [18:32] <+Ingrid> "So yeah - where am I? Not many hospitals hand out free guns." [18:32] <&Hebizuka> [Vest/Mags] 4/6 mags [18:32] <&Hebizuka> [Vest/Main] 0.5/8 [18:34] <~Tempest> [Medic] First of all... Let me introduce myself. I am Dr. Philip Gage, member Medical Science Team - which makes me officially a medic. I'm also the chief of the Proving Grounds medical staff, and one of the people who was responsible to... well, build your body and bring you to life. [18:34] <+Ingrid> "Bring me to life? Eh?" [18:36] <~Tempest> [Medic] You are in a realm called the Mazes,, and the Administrator of this realm saw fit to essentially have you brought back from the dead. The short version of it is that through her will and abilities and our special expertise, your soul was caught on its way to the afterlife and we have rebuilt your body for it to be placed in. The tests and checks I've put you through were to ensure you were... working properly. Or in nicer terms, that you were in good health. [18:37] <~Tempest> [Medic] As I understand it, the Admin has designated you as the Contestant. And your objective will be to find four ancient artifacts of religious legend called the Cardinal Amulets - if you collect all four, you will be granted the right to return home. The difficulty lies in the fact no-one is even sure if they exist at all, let alone know where they are, but I figure that's up to you. [18:37] <+Ingrid> "I don't really -feel- dead... I mean, I know that I was in a plane crash and all, but I'm still a little skeptical about having died and being brought back to life. It's a little far-fetched.... I can't deny that I'm here, though." [18:38] <~Tempest> [Medic] Which brings me to my next point... I wanted to ask you a few minor questions regarding your mental state. They're optional, you don't have to go through these, but they'd allow me to have a more complete report. [18:38] <~Tempest> [Medic] But for all intents and purposes, you are alive. I should say, alive once again. [18:39] <+Ingrid> "Humm. That's interesting. So you're saying that I can return home if I find your amulets? Would that return me to a crashed plane in the mountains?" [18:39] <+Ingrid> "Because, I mean, if it's all the same to you, I'd rather be here and comfortable than there." [18:39] <~Tempest> [Medic] I have no idea on the specifics, I just know it should bring you back home - the Admin did not give me extra details. What you do in this realm is up to you, naturally. [18:41] <+Ingrid> "Hmm, well, I suppose I can find those amulets and then worry about it." [18:41] <+Ingrid> "So how about those questions you mentioned?" [18:42] <~Tempest> [Medic] Simple questions to gauge your mental state. The first of which is whether you remember how you died, and if so, what was the cause of death? [18:42] <+Ingrid> "I don't remember it happening, but that would evidently be a plane crash." [18:44] <~Tempest> [Medic] Noted. Now... I'll show you a list of choices - I need you to tell me which one of these corresponds to your personality the most. [18:44] <&Hebizuka> Type A: Reserved, responsible and passionate, but also stubborn, tense, and squeamish. [18:44] <&Hebizuka> Type B: Creative, strong, always active, but also irresponsible, selfish and unforgiving. [18:44] <&Hebizuka> Type C: Cool, adaptable, rational, but also cold-hearted, indecisive and forgetful. [18:44] <&Hebizuka> Type D: Confident, optimistic and strong-willed, but also egotistical, unpredictable and doubtful. [18:44] <&Hebizuka> I have no idea / I'm not sure [18:44] <+Ingrid> "Type C sounds most like me." [18:46] <~Tempest> [Medic] How would you describe your ability to withstand stress in your daily life? [18:46] <&Hebizuka> <<< Very low ; I try my hardest to avoid any and all stressors [18:46] <&Hebizuka> << Low ; I stay away as much as I can from stressful things [18:46] <&Hebizuka> < Below average ; I have difficulty managing stress [18:46] <&Hebizuka> Average ; I can handle stress, to some extent [18:46] <&Hebizuka> Above average ; I am used to stressful events > [18:46] <&Hebizuka> High ; I've grown to handle all but the hardest events >> [18:46] <&Hebizuka> Very high ; I feel completely insensitive and unable to be stressed out >>> [18:46] <+Ingrid> "Above average, I suppose." [18:48] <~Tempest> [Medic] How energetic would you describe yourself to be? [18:48] <&Hebizuka> <<< Wet noodle ; I am unable to do any sort of hard work lest I pass out [18:48] <&Hebizuka> << Weak ; I am tired easily and I require frequent resting [18:48] <&Hebizuka> < Fragile ; I am average, just not very endurant [18:48] <&Hebizuka> Average ; I am capable of taking some hard work if I need to [18:48] <&Hebizuka> > Tough ; I'm not afraid of hard work and can last a while [18:48] <&Hebizuka> >> Hyperactive ; I can handle so much, inactivity actually tires me [18:48] <&Hebizuka> >>> Unstoppable ; I could last entire days of work without sleep [18:48] <+Ingrid> Average. [18:51] <~Tempest> [Medic] That should be everything. If you need to ask anything else, do so now. If not, then we will be on our way out of this facility. You are in the town of Arnett, a relatively quiet settlement where you can always return to if you need a little safety, provided you don't cause trouble. We'll part ways afterwards. [18:52] <+Ingrid> "Hmmm, okay. I'm not sure what else to ask at the moment, so I'll go out and spend some time in the town and look around. Thanks!" [18:55] <&Hebizuka> *The doctor asks you to follow him on the way out - he takes you outside of the facility, and after some brisk walking, he stops in what seems to be Arnett's heart, the Social Square Center.* [18:55] <+Ingrid> "Hmm, this seems like a decently pleasant place." [18:57] <~Tempest> [Medic] Like I said, it's a quiet place. Anyway, this is where we part ways. I wish you good luck on your journey in the Mazes. [18:57] <&Hebizuka> *Unless you wish to do or ask something, Gage will turn heels, and return to the facility.* [18:58] <+Ingrid> "Thanks! I'll do my best." [18:58] * +Ingrid peers at the town map (if it's visible like last time). [19:02] <&Hebizuka> *Current location: Arnett, Social Square, Center. Facilities in the social square: Bank (South street, 1st block), and a hiring bureau (South street, 2nd block), Bar (West street, 1st block), Diner (North street, 2nd block), Takeout stand (West street, 3rd block), Shooting range (East street, 4th block), Library (North street, 4th block).* [19:03] <&Hebizuka> *Or you may be looking for one of the exits to another section of town. East exit: Towards shop hub. North exit: Towards hospital. West exit: Towards residential areas. South exit: Towards entrance/generator.* [19:03] <&Hebizuka> *You can also choose to manually visit, by choosing a cardinal direction to direct yourself. The room and exits surrounding you will be described.* [19:04] * +Ingrid considers the various places around, but she doesn't have any money... maybe exploring will help her get some! [19:05] <+Ingrid> "A hiring bureau - now there's a good idea!" [19:05] * +Ingrid heads right over there. [19:05] <&Hebizuka> *Traveling there will take 3 turns. Confirm?* [19:05] <+Ingrid> yes [19:06] <&Hebizuka> *You enter Arnett's hiring bureau. The room is covered in recruitment and advertisement posters, except for one of the walls - which has a big Classifieds board - itself covered with all sorts of posts. You see the hirer, at their desk, behind a computer. You also see a strange, circular device in the corner of the room behind the hirer's desk.* [19:07] <&Hebizuka> *Exits: West (previous): To Arnett, South street - East: Storage room [Locked]* [19:09] <+Ingrid> "Hello there! Are you hiring, and if so, what for?" [19:11] <~Tempest> [Hirer] Hey. I'm sorry, I'm in a bit of a predicament with jobs at the moment. We've received an order not to accept extra employers nor contractors for the time being, something about pending database updates. It's a load of hokey, I'm not getting paid much in the meantime. If you're badly looking for something to do, take a peek at the Classifieds board... Maybe there's something there. [19:12] <+Ingrid> "Bah, okay. I'm just new here and completely broke, so..." [19:12] * +Ingrid looks at the board [19:13] <~Tempest> [Hirer] New in town, eh? Arnett's pretty quiet these days, but it's not a bad place to live in. I've been the resident hirer for close to ten years now and we haven't had a lot of problems. [19:13] <+Ingrid> "That's good to know, then. But does that mean that there's not a lot to do, as well?" [19:13] <~Tempest> [Hirer] Back in the day, there was a lot to do, but since recently it's gone very quiet. I have no idea why. [19:21] <&Hebizuka> = Classifieds board = [19:21] <&Hebizuka> #1: Female hakutaku selling 3 speedloaders (.44 Magnum/Special, 6-round) - 50 P$ for one. Location: Social square center [19:21] <&Hebizuka> #2: Male human selling Type-4 Kevlar vest, worn condition, 500 P$. Location: Shooting range [19:21] <&Hebizuka> #3: Male human seeking adventure, wanting to travel with a fellow adventurer. Location: Library [19:23] <+Ingrid> "Hm. Nothing offering any pay here... maybe I'll go looking elsewhere and then come back later on. Thanks anyway!" [19:23] <~Tempest> [Hirer] Good luck. [19:23] * +Ingrid leaves and goes to the town entrance, maybe there's somewhere else nearby that's more promising. [19:24] <&Hebizuka> *5 turns pass...* [19:25] <&Hebizuka> *You're now in Arnett's town entrance. A map explains you're in the "Access" corridor. // East: Towards the Generator. South: Town Gate. The map also shows that 2 rooms south is the "Gap" corridor", which is the last room before leaving for the Uncivilized Area.* [19:29] * +Ingrid goes south to the town gate. [19:34] <&Hebizuka> *You are now in the Town Gate, which really is just a checkpoint room for locals to act as security and first line of defense. There are two Citizens standing guard there. One carries a submachine gun. The other appears to have no weapons.* [19:36] <+Ingrid> "Good afternoon. Is it safe to go out there?" [19:37] <~Tempest> [Citz1] It's never safe, but you can leave if ya want, we ain't stopping you... [19:37] <~Tempest> [Citz2] Well, if ya stick to the safe routes and don't try to wander around, you'll have less problems... [19:37] <+Ingrid> "Well, just asking, since you seem to be guarding against something." [19:38] <+Ingrid> "Alright, I'll try! I do have a nice little rifle here so I'm far from helpless." [19:38] <~Tempest> [Citz2] We're just the two poor fucksticks who are on city guard duty today. Someone's gotta be there for people trying to get in, making sure they aren't obvious trouble, you know? [19:38] <+Ingrid> "Mmm. Rough neighborhood?" [19:38] <~Tempest> [Citz1] Not particularly, which is exactly why this job is boring. [19:39] <~Tempest> [Citz2] Hear, hear! We ain't paid enough for this. You're like, the first person we talked to today... [19:40] <+Ingrid> "I see. I'm looking for work myself, since apparently my old position at the district attorney's office isn't expecting me back anytime soon. I suppose this isn't where I'd start looking though - I'd probably be bored to death too." [19:40] <~Tempest> [Citz1] If you're lookin for work, you'd best try and leave town. Arnett is totally dead, man. [19:41] <+Ingrid> "I think I'll head down the road a bit and see what's around. Any recommendations?" [19:41] <~Tempest> [Citz2] Yeah, we're only here cuz we, like, LIVE here. [19:41] <~Tempest> [Citz2] Uhh... to be honest I dunno. [19:41] <+Ingrid> "Okay then. I'll just pick a direction that looks appealing and go!" [19:41] <~Tempest> [Citz1] Recommendations? Well.. [19:42] <+Ingrid> "If there's any nearby towns that you think would be busier than here." [19:42] <~Tempest> [Citz1] There's this town I know about, it's called Calfair Sector. I haven't been there in a while, maybe you should try and look there. [19:43] <+Ingrid> "Okay! Which direction is that?" [19:44] <~Tempest> [Citz1] Just go through the exit and follow the signs. And try to stick on a safe route if you can help it, unless it's trouble you want. [19:44] <+Ingrid> "Righto. Thanks for the advice." [19:44] * +Ingrid heads for the gate and goes off into the mazes, to try to find Calfair. [21:14] <&Hebizuka> *You're now in the Gap corridor. You can review your equipment before going off into the UA, if you wish, or simply leave immediately.* [21:16] * +Ingrid doesn't really have enough equipment to bother reviewing, so she simply unslings her rifle and heads off! [21:20] <&Hebizuka> *You have left Arnett and ventured into the Uncivilized Area...* [21:20] <&Hebizuka> *You must choose an intended destination. You may choose to search for Calfair Sector, or search for a new, unknown town.* [21:21] <+Ingrid> Calfair Sector [21:22] <&Hebizuka> *It is a yet undiscovered town - your traveling time will be increased. With your destination set, you must then select your traveling style.* [21:22] <&Hebizuka> *The three different styles are Fast route, Safe route and Deep route. Fast: Speed+, Danger+, Explorables-. Safe: Danger-, Speed-, Explorables--. Deep: Explorables+, Speed--, Danger++.* [21:25] * +Ingrid decides to take the fast route. The safe one might take too long and she doesn't have any food. [21:28] <&Hebizuka> *Your destination should be relatively close, meaning the traveling time will not be too long.* [21:28] <&Hebizuka> *With all of these details set, onwards to the UA!* [21:30] <&Hebizuka> [Next rooms] Left: Scullery, overgrown // Front: Corridor // Right: Road [21:32] * +Ingrid hangs right to follow the road. [21:36] <&Hebizuka> *On the road room, you see a pair of kishin. One carries a shotgun, the other carries what appears to be a knife of some sort.* [21:36] * +Ingrid glances at them - do they look hostile? [21:37] <&Hebizuka> *No, they seem to simply be traveling as well.* [21:37] * +Ingrid lowers her rifle and waves at them. They're interesting looking characters. [21:37] <&Hebizuka> *You doubt they get many problems - a pair of giant, muscle hunks like they are must be intimidating to just look at.* [21:37] <~Tempest> *One of the kishin waves back.* [21:38] * +Ingrid continues on her way, not wanting to interfere with them. [21:38] <+Ingrid> Next room [21:38] <&Hebizuka> *Which they let you do with no problems.* [21:39] <&Hebizuka> [Next rooms] Left: Danchi, disaffected / Front: Studio room, abandoned / Right: Road [21:40] <+Ingrid> Right, along the road [21:41] <&Hebizuka> *No creatures on this road room. You do, however, spot a piece of clothing.* [21:42] * +Ingrid walks over and picks it up. [21:43] <&Hebizuka> [Clothing] Bottom - Pimp pants (Lower body, Legs, Crotch) - AC: C2 - Blunt-resistant - Weight: 3 - [Cond: Worn] [21:44] <+Ingrid> "Bleh! I don't think I want this." [21:44] * +Ingrid tosses the pants aside and continues on. [21:47] <&Hebizuka> [Next rooms] Left: Pantry, abandoned // Front: Storage area, overgrown // Right: Explorable - Villa ruins [21:50] * +Ingrid is wary of the ruins.... she takes the Front path instead [21:53] <&Hebizuka> *This was once a storage area, which you can still barely recognize with its rows of large, industrial sized shelves and containers, but it's covered in moss, fungi, grass, and other such signs of severe aging. An angelic creature is wandering about here ; it appears to be an auror, equipped with a broadsword. The presence of this creature inspires heavenly authority... You're not sure whether that's good or bad.* [21:55] <+Ingrid> "Ah, excuse me. I mean no trouble." [21:56] <~Tempest> [Auror] Fear not, human. Thou art not in danger. [21:57] * +Ingrid is rather unnerved by the angelic-looking creature, so quickly makes her way to the next doors. [21:57] <~Tempest> [Auror] Fare thee well, and stay safe. [21:59] <+Ingrid> "Y-yes, you too!" [21:59] <&Hebizuka> [Next rooms] Left: Hospital bedroom, disaffected // Front: Former room // Right: Restaurant - Dim sum joint [22:01] <+Ingrid> A restaurant would be great - if she had any cash. Ingrid goes forward instead. [22:04] <&Hebizuka> *You're not too sure what this room once was - it still has the outline of furniture that sat there for years on the walls and the floor, but you know that it's now just a road room. There is an abandoned weapon on the floor...* [22:04] <+Ingrid> "Oooh! Could this be useful?" [22:05] <&Hebizuka> [Weapon] Class 2 - R2/Regular - Ithaca 37 Stakeout shotgun | 12 gauge - Pump-action | No accessory | Internal tube, 5 rounds, +1 | Weight: 14 - [4+1/5, R-Buck] - Cond: Good / Clns: Dirty [22:05] * +Ingrid picks up the shotgun and equips it - it seems strangely familiar somehow! [22:06] <&Hebizuka> *You are unskilled in shotgun - beware if you intend to use this weapon.* [22:06] <+Ingrid> It beats having an empty slot, that's for sure. [22:07] <&Hebizuka> *Ithaca 37 equipped!* [22:07] * +Ingrid continues to the next room with a grin - it's not a bad start. [22:08] <&Hebizuka> [Next rooms] Left: Shop - Delicatessen // Front: Former room // Right: Former room [22:09] * +Ingrid keeps going straight. [22:12] <&Hebizuka> *Another former room. No telling what it once was. You can see an interesting item on the floor...* [22:12] * +Ingrid steps over and takes time to look at it. [22:13] <&Hebizuka> [Key item] A pair of handcuffs. 2d6 to use. Successful roll: Target rolls 2d6 to escape, highest score of the two succeeds. If 12, auto-cuff. If failed: turn end. [22:18] * +Ingrid takes these and attaches them to her belt. "Ha! Maybe useful." [22:18] <+Ingrid> Next room [22:20] <&Hebizuka> *Item taken.* [22:21] <&Hebizuka> [Next rooms] Left: Former room // Front: Empty shooting lanes, forsaken // Right: Pantry, forsaken [22:23] * +Ingrid takes the front door again, maybe the empty shooting lanes will have some ammo left behind. [22:32] <&Hebizuka> *These old shooting lanes have fallen into disuse an untold amount of time ago. If there was ammo left, or even empty brass, it's all gone already. However, the room sees some activity ongoing...* [22:32] <&Hebizuka> *You can see an abandoned weapon in a corner on Side 1 (South side - and your side; you can immediately reach it). You also see a kasha on Side 3 (West side), and a pack of 3 dingoes on Side 2 (North side).* [22:33] * +Ingrid dashes for cover! [22:34] <+Ingrid> @cover [22:34] <MazeBot> A brick wall (Health: 39, LDV modifier: -2. AC Eqv: A2. Pass-through threshold: 8+ dmg. Pain modifier: x0.75) [22:34] <&Hebizuka> *You may roll 2d6 to attempt taking cover.* [22:34] <+Ingrid> A brick wall - a good position! [22:34] <+Ingrid> @roll 2d6 [22:34] <MazeBot> Ingrid: 4 [22:35] * +Ingrid just isn't fast enough to make it there, apparently. [22:35] <&Hebizuka> *You took cover, but too slow for you to act in the same turn ; and you've been noticed by both the kasha and the dingoes. The kasha is already behind cover...* [22:35] <&Hebizuka> @cover [22:35] <MazeBot> A metallic file case full of papers. (Health: 53, LDV modifier: -2. AC Eqv: A2. Pass-through threshold: 8+ dmg. Pain modifier: x0.75) [22:40] <&Hebizuka> *Since you've failed your cover-taking roll, you do not get to act this turn.* [22:40] <&Hebizuka> *Only the kasha and the dingoes do.* [22:43] <&Hebizuka> *Order this turn: Dingo1, Dingo3, Dingo2, Kasha...* [22:49] <&Hebizuka> *Dingo #1 rushes towards you to try and claw you three times!* [22:49] <&Hebizuka> @bodyaim [22:49] <MazeBot> [Human] Torso, chest, back ; [Non-human] (UPPER) BODY group [22:49] <&Hebizuka> @roll 3#2d6 [22:49] <MazeBot> Hebizuka: 4;9;8 [22:49] <&Hebizuka> *Attacks 1-3: 2 misses, 1 hit.* [22:50] <&Hebizuka> *The dingo strikes only once, but that hit connects and causes an injury.* [22:51] <&Hebizuka> *You're wounded once to the torso. The Type-2 Kevlar vest's condition has fallen to Good.* [22:51] <&Hebizuka> *Dingo #3 moves towards you to try and claw you twice as well.* [22:51] <&Hebizuka> @bodyaim [22:51] <MazeBot> [Human] Right hand ; [Non-human] EXTREMITY group [22:51] <&Hebizuka> @roll 2#2d6 [22:51] <MazeBot> Hebizuka: 4;11 [22:52] <&Hebizuka> *Attacks 1-2: 1 miss, 1 hit* [22:52] <&Hebizuka> *Your right hand sustains an injury - unfortunate timing, perhaps. It hurts a little bit, and it's going to bleed as well, but you don't feel the pain is too high - yet.* [22:53] <&Hebizuka> *Dingo #2 rushes in towards you to try and bite you.* [22:53] <&Hebizuka> @bodyaim [22:53] <MazeBot> [Human] Right hand ; [Non-human] EXTREMITY group [22:53] <&Hebizuka> @roll 2d6 [22:53] <MazeBot> Hebizuka: 7 [22:53] <&Hebizuka> *But it misses you completely.* [22:54] <&Hebizuka> *The kasha pops out of cover, with a nice-looking assault rifle in hands. They aim, and fire three times at the first dingo.* [22:54] <&Hebizuka> @roll 3#2d6 [22:54] <MazeBot> Hebizuka: 6;7;8 [22:54] <&Hebizuka> *Shots 1-3: 2 hits, 1 miss.* [22:56] <&Hebizuka> *Whatever caliber that was, the dingo is put down pretty much immediately, with extreme prejudice.* [22:58] <&Hebizuka> Kasha [(unknown rifle)] Dingo [22:59] <~Tempest> [Kasha] Oh, shit! [22:59] <&Hebizuka> *End of Turn 1. One of the three dingoes is dead. You're bleeding.* [22:59] <&Hebizuka> *Turn 2. What is your next move?* [23:00] * +Ingrid can target both remaining dingoes because of the scope on her rifle, right? [23:01] <+Ingrid> If so, she fires two shots at dingo #2 and one at dingo #3. [23:02] <&Hebizuka> *The optic is 4x - meaning medium-power. It does allow you to aim at up to 2 targets in a single turn, as well as an accuracy boost, at the cost of increased recoil.* [23:02] <&Hebizuka> *Which body parts do you wish to aim at?* [23:04] <+Ingrid> Center mass for both. [23:07] <&Hebizuka> *Order this turn: Dingo3, Dingo2, Kasha, Ingrid.* [23:07] <&Hebizuka> *Dingo3 attempts attacking you - two claws!* [23:08] <&Hebizuka> @bodyaim [23:08] <MazeBot> [Human] Torso, chest, back ; [Non-human] (UPPER) BODY group [23:08] <&Hebizuka> @roll 2#2d6 [23:08] <MazeBot> Hebizuka: 4;12 [23:08] <&Hebizuka> *Attacks 1-2: 1 miss, 1 critical hit.* [23:09] <&Hebizuka> *You fell on your back avoiding the first hit, which gave the dingo an opportunity to hit harder on the second - and harder it did hit. It did not cause more pain, nor a bleeding wound (the vest stopped it), but the sound of a faint 'crack' heard from your chest indicates you've sustained a rib fracture.* [23:12] <&Hebizuka> *You're now more sensitive to pain.* [23:12] <&Hebizuka> *Dingo #2 attempts biting you - twice.* [23:12] <&Hebizuka> @bodyaim [23:12] <MazeBot> [Human] Right arm ; [Non-human] LIMB group [23:12] <&Hebizuka> @roll 2#2d6 [23:12] <MazeBot> Hebizuka: 6;10 [23:14] <&Hebizuka> *Attacks 1-2: 1 hit, 1 miss. Your right arm has no protection other than your clothes and thus easily sustains an injury ; another bleeding wound. The pain is starting to increase... you're now in pain.* [23:15] <&Hebizuka> *Kasha's turn... The youkai opens fire on #3 ; the one that just bit you, with three more shots.* [23:15] <&Hebizuka> @roll 3#2d6 [23:15] <MazeBot> Hebizuka: 7;4;10 [23:15] <&Hebizuka> *Shots 1-3: 2 hits, 1 miss.* [23:15] <&Hebizuka> *Dingo #3 has been forcibly eliminated from the fight.* [23:15] <&Hebizuka> Kasha [(unknown rifle)] Dingo [23:16] <&Hebizuka> *Your turn. One of your targets died before you could open fire at it ; you may only roll to attack the remaining one.* [23:17] <+Ingrid> @roll 2#2d6 [23:17] <MazeBot> Ingrid: 9;8 [23:18] <&Hebizuka> *Shots 1-2: 2 hits.* [23:20] <&Hebizuka> Ingrid Wenkel [Suhl SSG-82] Dingo [B] [23:20] <&Hebizuka> *End of fight! (2 turns)* [23:20] <&Hebizuka> *You're bleeding. Your pain levels are starting to lower a bit.* [23:20] <+Ingrid> "Ahhh!" [23:21] <+Ingrid> "Hey, thanks for the help -- they were tearing me up pretty badly before I could do anything!" [23:21] <&Hebizuka> *The kasha runs up to you.* [23:21] <~Tempest> [Kasha] Hey, are you okay? I was going to go past them, but you came in and they started attacking you... [23:22] <+Ingrid> "I'm not really okay, but I think I'll live. My ribs hurt like hell though." [23:22] <~Tempest> [Kasha] Hell I hope that's not a fracture... [23:23] * +Ingrid gasps. "Think it is. You don't have any bandages or anything by any chance, do you?" [23:23] <~Tempest> [Kasha] Here, let me help with the bloody mess first... I should have some leftover supplies. [23:23] <&Hebizuka> *The kasha pulls out three individual bandages - which they treat your wounds with.* [23:23] <&Hebizuka> *You're no longer bleeding.* [23:24] <~Tempest> [Kasha] Sorry that I can't help further... You should head on over to a hospital for the fracture. Where are you headed to? [23:25] <+Ingrid> "Ah, thanks so much. I guess I didn't make much of an impression as far as taking care of myself, huh? Just too slow..." [23:25] <+Ingrid> "I'm headed to Calfair Sector, actually. Rumor has it that there might be work there, and since I'm broke it seemed like a good idea." [23:26] <~Tempest> [Kasha] Calfair? Oh, it's a fine town, yeah. Not much trouble there, the folks there are nice. Hey, don't worry about it. We all get scratched up, it's just life in the Mazes. [23:28] <~Tempest> [Kasha] Correct me if I'm wrong but, you don't look like an adventurer, more of someone who's having her first taste of combat... [23:28] <+Ingrid> "Well, if you're headed the same way, we could travel together if you want." [23:29] <+Ingrid> "That's right - I'm pretty new here. I've done a little hunting and stuff before, but nothing that was a real fight." [23:30] <~Tempest> [Kasha] Thought so. Hey, lookie here. Ain't that a gun? Pick it up, maybe it'll fare better next time you see dingoes. That big rifle of yours, it only works if you can sneak up on 'em... When they're rushing to you like now? Gotta draw something light. I did my best with this here Elle, but I coulda been faster with a handgun... [23:31] <+Ingrid> "Mmm. Yeah, this and the shotgun are all I had, and I'm not as familiar with a shotgun." [23:32] * +Ingrid goes over to the weapon and picks it up. [23:37] <&Hebizuka> [Weapon] Class 3 - R1/Common - Dornaus & Dixon Bren Ten pistol | 10mm Auto - Semi-auto | No accessory | Bren Ten 10-round mag, +1 | Weight: 3 - [1+0/10, FMJ] - Cond: Poor / Clns: Clean [23:38] <+Ingrid> "Hm! Interesting... only one bullet, but that's better than none I suppose." [23:38] * +Ingrid equips the pistol. [23:41] <~Tempest> [Kasha] What is it? [23:42] <+Ingrid> "It's a pistol - looks worn out but it was probably really nice when it was new. Only one bullet." [23:46] <~Tempest> [Kasha] Hmm, well, I hope you find ammo for it. One shot's only good when you should end it all. [23:46] <+Ingrid> "I've got no intention of that!" [23:48] <+Ingrid> "Anyway, if you're going the same way I am then maybe we should stick together until we reach a town. If not, then, I really appreciate the help, and let me know if I can do anything for you in return." [23:48] <~Tempest> [Kasha] Ya, I hope so for you. Well, I'll be on my way, if you don't mind. Good luck getting to Calfair. [23:52] <&Hebizuka> *Unless you wish to react, the Kasha will leave the room.* [23:53] <+Ingrid> "Goodbye then, and good luck!" [23:53] * +Ingrid will head to the next room as well. [23:55] <&Hebizuka> [Next rooms] Left: Empty shrine, abandoned // Front: Bedroom (single), abandoned // Right: Road [23:55] * +Ingrid heads to the empty shrine out of curiosity. [23:59] <&Hebizuka> *An empty shrine. There isn't much furniture left, and there's no telling what allegiance - whether angelic or demonic - this shrine had. There is a donation box, but it's predictably empty ; no doubt that whatever money was left in, if there was any, has been taken already. You do, however, spot a weapon on the floor.* [00:00] * +Ingrid takes the weapon, maybe she can sell anything that she doesn't end up needing. [00:01] <&Hebizuka> [Weapon] Class 3 - R1/Common - Smith & Wesson Model 327 revolver | .357 Magnum - Semi-auto | No accessory | Cylinder, 8 rounds | Weight: 3 - [0/8, Empty] - Cond: Fair / Clns: Grimy [00:02] <+Ingrid> "Oooh, now I like this. Too bad it's empty.... I'm taking it anyway!" [00:02] * +Ingrid slips it into her TW holster! [00:02] <&Hebizuka> *Equipped!* [00:05] <&Hebizuka> Checkout [00:06] <&Hebizuka> 7 rooms, 1 kill, 0 missions, 0 Amulets, 0 P$, 0 runs